Friday, February 27, 2009

Thoughts of an Optimist

A good friend of mine told me a few days ago to just chill, and see what happens. Now, this is the second time that I have heard this most simplest of statements, so what does it actually mean? Take more risks? Be more laid back and let things be? He said to do both. 

I have never met the most.. simplistic person before. But I'm glad I have. How refreshing it was to talk to him about taking what seems to be a complicated mess, into just 'taking it easy.' 

As said before, I am a great believer in The Secret. The Laws of Attraction, if you will. I asked him if he ever heard of it, he didn't, which was really surprising because he seemed to radiate this kind of thing. So I told him a little bit about it, all the while thinking about how I can break down the things that seem to be stressing me out these days. I seem to be wanting to find a way out of any situation, in case things got a little sticky. But what's the point in taking to risk at all if you're not going to embrace the full impact of it? To take full responsibility...good or bad? I have been  questioning a lot about the decisions that I have made lately and trust me...I have been telling myself that its the right decision...at the moment, under the circumstances. But I always keep thinking about what could have been or what should have been if I went the other way. 

Why is it that we always think about the negative things of any given situation that hits us? hmm? So pushing away these negative thoughts, I've been starting to think about how every single problem that I think I may have, will turn out okay, that it won't be a total disaster as everyone else wants them to be. Haha and why all the drama? Oh right! Because life wouldn't interesting enough without it. Duh! 

So why not try to be more simplistic? Be more optimistic that things can and will turn out for the better? Try it. And if it doesn't work out, then it didn't. Don't let it hold you down, learn your lesson (get your slap on the wrist), and move on. You will make better choices. I'm sure of it. It does work because the past few days, I don't feel the pang of guilt that I used to feel every time I got up in the morning. The guilt = feeling bad about making (bad) decisions that can hurt me or other people later. But for now, I'm just letting it roll off my shoulders. Saying to myself that I'll deal with it if and when these 'problems' will show up. So I'm getting ready to make more mistakes that can make or break me. Are you? 


I want to experience the simple pleasures in life,
the things that I may not notice at first, 
to others that make no sense at all,
things that can fascinate me...terrify me even, 
without the guilt and the shame,
isn't that what we all want?

No comments:

Post a Comment