Saturday, June 13, 2009

No Such Thing As Plans..

I just finished watching the movie Dan In Real Life [for the fifth time], which I think is amazing! But the main message is just...it really hits home. It says to always have a plan but in the end, you have to plan to be surprised. I really believe in this...just recently in fact. I've seen so many people who are around me, including myself draw up a little plan of how we want our lives to be like, but recently, I've noticed that most of their didn't work out as they 'planned'. Don't get me wrong, some of what happened may have happened for the better, such as my cousin starting a family earlier than she planned or any other relative who have these plans as well. But I got to thinking that maybe we should plan our lives...loosely. Just maybe be more open to the idea of something new and fresh coming along. I hate seeing the people that I love be floored by the 'new and fresh' things that come along in their life, and also mine, but not get back up to embrace it and move along.... It hurts to know that I can't do anything about it to help them through the pain, because ultimately, they have to find the way themselves. But Im always there for them, to listen and support if they want it. But doesn't it just makes sense now? So we don't get totally blown away from the fact that it did happen and maybe move on a little bit quicker? I think its one of those things that are so simple to realize, that its just as easily to not recognize it. So if you're a human being, I asking you to be more open to the little or big surprises that can change your life, and Ill do the same! 
--If you have a plan about how your life is going to be...plan to be surprised.


No comments:

Post a Comment